- Be consistent.
- Commence working with your dog early, the moment he arrives.
- In no way punish your dog, ignore, move away, or turn your back… Say ‘No’ with a firm tone.
- Be patience
Here’s an adorable video of a sassy Dachshund puppy:
- Use plenty of praise when reinforcing behaviour.
- A relaxed pleasant tone of voice is essential when giving positive commands.
- Always praise or reprimand instantly the good or bad behavior.
- Limit the distractions, so your dog can focus on you.
- Never train you dog if he just had a meal, or is tired.